SHOCK COLLAPSE: T.R.U.M.P PANICS After PETE HEGSETH’S SCAPEGOAT PLOT EXPLODES ONLINE — BACKFIRE ERUPTS INSIDE THE WEST WING AS ILLEGAL STRIKE SCANDAL SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROL ⚡.abc

Pentagon Confronts Rising Political Fallout After Alleged Drone Strike Orders in Caribbean PatrolRebecca Noble/Getty Images

WASHINGTON — The Defense Department is facing intensifying scrutiny after a series of alleged drone strikes on small vessels in Caribbean waters prompted bipartisan calls for investigation and triggered an extraordinary wave of internal dissent, according to lawmakers, former officials and military analysts familiar with the matter.

The controversy centers on Defense Secretary Pete Hegsth, who is accused by critics of issuing an unlawful order that led to the destruction of a vessel and the deaths of individuals described by officials as “suspected traffickers.” A second strike on survivors — the most explosive allegation — has drawn condemnation from across the political spectrum, with several Republican lawmakers joining Democrats in demanding an inquiry.

The Pentagon has not confirmed the details of the missions. But the political uproar escalated after Adm. Alvin Holy, former commander of U.S. Southern Command, resigned abruptly earlier this month. Individuals briefed on the situation, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, said Adm. Holy stepped down after objecting to what he believed was an improper directive to “neutralize” fleeing boats.

Hegseth Ordered Lethal Boat Strike but Not the Killing of Survivors,  Officials Say - The New York Times

His successor, Adm. Mitch Bradley, reportedly carried out the September 2 mission at the center of the dispute. Mr. Hegsth, in a social-media post last week, insisted that Adm. Bradley had his “100% support” and praised him as an “American hero.” But several defense analysts said the statement had the unintended effect of intensifying speculation that the admiral was being positioned as a scapegoat should a formal inquiry conclude the operation violated U.S. or international law.

“This reads like an attempt to shift responsibility before the facts are fully established,” said one former senior Pentagon official. “The message it sends through the chain of command is deeply destabilizing.”

Video commentary and panel discussions across multiple networks amplified the backlash. Several commentators noted that congressional Republicans — typically quick to defend the administration in national-security disputes — offered notably restrained responses. “Let’s wait for all the facts,” Sen. Todd Younger of Indiana said, in a remark that echoed across Capitol Hill. Others were more direct, calling the episode “potentially a war crime.”

Complicating the political landscape is a resurfaced clip of Mr. Hegsth appearing on a morning cable program the day after the strike, praising what he described as a “successful interdiction mission.” Critics argue the timing undercuts later efforts by the administration to characterize the events as routine and handled at the operational level.

The White House has largely avoided expanding on the Pentagon’s statements. In a tense press briefing this week, Press Secretary Caroline Watts repeatedly declined to say whether President Trump had authorized or been briefed on strike parameters, citing “ongoing departmental assessments.”

Human-rights organizations and several international law experts warned that Congress must examine not only the alleged second strike but also the legality of the initial attacks themselves. “If the United States is killing individuals based solely on unverified accusations of terrorism or drug trafficking, that demands serious scrutiny,” said Rachel Mendoza, a professor at Georgetown University’s Center for Security Studies.

For now, the Pentagon faces a widening crisis of confidence as lawmakers, military officers and the public demand clarity. Whether Mr. Hegsth retains the confidence of Congress and the armed forces may depend on what emerges in the coming weeks as formal inquiries advance.

Related Posts

BREAKING: Packers DETONATE a $3.8 BILLION Overhaul to Transform Lambeau Field — Backed by Top-Tier Investors. teptep

In a bold move ushering in a new era for the franchise, the Green Bay Packers have officially unveiled plans for a $3.8 billion, comprehensive stadium transformation—an ambitious…

12 MINUTES AGO — 320M VIEWS AND CLIMBING 🇺🇸🔥 A new twist is rapidly reshaping the conversation around the Super Bowl halftime show. teptep

A Parallel Halftime: Inside Erika Kirk’s Unapproved “All-American” Super Bowl Broadcast Just minutes after reports began circulating online, the numbers exploded—hundreds of millions of views, trending hashtags…

5 MINUTES AGO: Bad Bunny was attacked right after his explosive performance in the dressing room at Levi’s Stadium. A fan, armed with a water bottle, suddenly jumped over the security barrier and threw it at the singer. An 8-second video captured the entire incident… teptep

Shocking incident allegations erupted across social media late Sunday night after reports claimed that Bad Bunny was attacked moments after his explosive performance inside a dressing room…

SHOCKING: Green Bay RB Josh Jacobs has reportedly caused an uproar after publicly expressing his strong political views, praising a polarizing president and once again backing the idea of the “American spirit.” But what truly surprised fans was his follow-up move to reinforce that stance — a bold action now sparking intense debate on social media. teptep

The NFL world is imagined to be spiraling into full-blown chaos tonight after Green Bay Packers superstar Josh Jacobs reportedly sparked a firestorm with a blunt, unfiltered political statement…

A single question opened the floodgates. Amid growing Bills trade chatter, Justin Jefferson finally responded — and did so with quiet confidence. The Vikings receiver downplayed the rumors, acknowledged the hardships of the season, and made his stance unmistakable: his commitment to Minnesota remains firm, regardless of who’s under center. No cryptic social posts. No strategic drama. Only a superstar reinforcing that winning matters more than attention, even as whispers linger. teptep

One casual question was all it took to ignite a conversation that had been quietly simmering across NFL circles, message boards, and social feeds obsessed with the…

BREAKING — Full-Circle Farewell for a Viking Legend! teptep

 echoed across Minnesota as Harrison Smith completed a full-circle journey, signing a one-day contract to retire as a Viking after fourteen unforgettable seasons defining toughness, intelligence, and…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *